Grantham North, Grantham
In November 2015, Allison Homes submitted an outline planning application for a sustainable mixed-use development on land off Longcliffe Road and High Road, Manthorpe. The application was significantly different to a previous application for 1,000 homes which had been submitted in 2010 and which had been refused planning permission by South Kesteven District Council.
Following the statutory consultation period and detailed discussions with planning officers, a revised planning application was submitted in October 2016. The proposals were for:
- • Up to 480 new homes, a proportion of which would be affordable
- • A local centre
- • A primary school
- • Green infrastructure and significant wildlife enhancements
- • Extensive areas of landscaping
- • Improved connections to the existing local public footpath and cycle network
- • Comprehensive surface water drainage networks
Planning Officers recommended the application for approval but it was refused planning permission by the South Kesteven Development Management Committee in March 2017. Allison Homes has now submitted an Appeal to the Planning Inspector with regard to the district council’s decision. The date of the Inquiry was held during November 2017 – we are awaiting the results.