Grantham North, Grantham
Introduction | Grantham
Allison Homes submitted an outline planning application for a sustainable mixed-use development on land off Longcliffe Road and High Road, Manthorpe.
The proposals were for:
• Up to 480 new homes, a proportion of which would be affordable
• A local centre
• A primary school
• Green infrastructure and significant wildlife enhancements
• Extensive areas of landscaping
• Improved connections to the existing local public footpath and cycle network
• Comprehensive surface water drainage networks
Planning Officers recommended the application for approval but it was refused planning permission by the South Kesteven Development Management Committee in March 2017. Allison Homes submitted an Appeal to the Planning Inspector with regard to the district council’s decision. The date of the Inquiry was held during November 2017. In January the Government planning inspector Callum J. A. Parker allowed the appeal and granted permission for the homes, a primary school, a neighbourhood centre and public open space.