The proposed development would include a mixture of one to two-storey properties ranging from one to four-bedroom homes for first-time buyers and families and an element of bungalows. Our proposals also include an area of land which would be set aside for new community facilities as well as areas of public open space, including several children’s play areas.
The draft masterplan has been designed to include the following:
• approximately 350 new homes
• a mixture of one and two-storey properties ranging from one to four- bedroom homes for first-time buyers, and families and the elderly
• up to 40% affordable housing to help address housing need in the area
• solar panels on all the new homes
• parking provision in accordance with local guidance
• areas of public open space, children’s play areas and allotments
• land reserved for new community facilities for new and existing residents
• vehicular access from Glatton Road
• retention and enhancement of public rights of way - providing links through the site
• additional planting to enhance the existing landscape
• provision of new sports facilities either on site or at other locations within Sawtry such as St Judith’s Field.